As Fall apparently decided to stay forever in Berlin, porridge for breakfast seems to be more than welcome. This savory porridge with miso, salmon & avocado is a good remedy against rainy days and is nourishing enough help you to pull yourself through the day without any issue. Well okay, porridge still hasn’t convinced a good load of people, so I have no difficulties to imagine that a savory version might surprise more than one.
To imagine this savory porridge with miso, salmon & avocado, I also got inspired by the breakfast porridge I got the occasion to try at Eska, during my weekend in Prague, made with smoked trout and seasonal roasted veggies. I’m the kind of folks who always opt for the most original creations on the menu, as long as it remains within my personal tastes, so this breakfast that is simple, nourishing and fine at once definitely impressed me. For the other porridge lovers, this version is also a good way to avoid the usual late morning exhaustion / craving following breakfast, sometimes created by the too high sugar amount contained in the bowl – let’s be honest here, who has never been tempted to sink its porridge under a ton of delicious toppings ? .
In my case, I slowly get back on the track and will start posting again here, after a few busy weeks as well as Christmas holidays that I wanted to spend away from my laptop. I hope they were wonderful for you, and that 2018 will be rich and fulfilling. On my side I will definitely use it to try to travel even more as well as running some races around the globe, including my first triathlon, which is planned for this summer. In the meantime, the current weather pushes me to motivate myself for swimming trainings as well as refocusing on the blog.
More porridge recipes:
Quinoa porridge with coconut milk
Tahini, seed & orridge
- 60g freshly ground oats (or classic oats)
- 300ml salted water
- 1/4tsp miso paste
- 1 dash of milk of your choice
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 slice of smoked salmon
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp Tzatziki
- Shredded hazelnuts or walnuts
- Sprouts (optional)
- 1tbsp tzatziki
- Chili salt
- 1. Prepare the miso porridge: in a small pan, heat salted water and oats on medium temperature. Add miso paste, then let cook for about 15-20 minutes while stirring regularly. When the porridge is ready, add a dash of milk, stir, and turn off the heat.
- 2. Meanwhile the porridge is slightly cooling down, poach an egg in boiling water with vinegar. Pour porridge in a bowl, then top with the poached egg.
- 3. Add smoked salmon, a small handful of arugula, half a sliced avocado and one tablespoon tzatziki.
- 4. Sprinkle with shredded hazelnuts or walnuts, sprouts if you want, chiseled dill and a pinch of chili salt. Serve hot or warm.