In spite of my love for salted caramel, I’d never try to make any caramel & chocolate tart until now. Probably to postpone as long as I could this little bomb of diabetes & cholesterol.
I haven’t properly checked the butter label, and I took the unsalted one, indeed. That’s the reason why at the end I’m posting a caramel, chocolate & sesame tart today, as I finally decided to add some gomasio to balance the supposedly salted butter. Was Tarte Tatin not created by mistake? Just saying ;)
The salted caramel – well, rather gomasio caramel – is topped with a creamy layer of dark chocolate ganache, in which I only incorporated fresh cream. No butter. Trust me there is enough fat in the recipe. For thrill fans, I would advise you to choose some very strong chocolate, which will balance the match between chocolate & caramel.
For you, caramel addicts, you can sneak in here to discover other recipes! Vegan peeps, there is even one banana caramel recipe, without any added sugar ;)
- 200g flour
- 125g soft butter
- 60g rapadura sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 250g sugar
- 120g butter
- 17cl liquid cream
- 3tbsp gomasio
- 1 drizzle lemon juice
- 200g dark chocolate
- 15cl liquid cream
- 1. Prepare the dough: preheat the oven to 200C. In a salad bowl, stir the flour, sugar and salt together. Add the egg and soft butter cut in pieces. Knead with your hands until you get a homogeneous texture. Spread the dough on a floured working surface, then line a tart mould with it. Make fork holes in the dough, then put in the oven for about 20 minutes. Once baked, let cool down the tart crust.
- 2.Prepare the salted caramel: in a pan on a low heat, pour 1/3 of sugar and let melt while watching carefully. Add in 2 times the rest of sugar. Once the caramel starts to get colored, turn off the fire and add the drizzle of lemon juice to stop the caramelisation process.
- 3. Add the liquid cream and stir well. Incorporate the soft butter cut in pieces, as well as the gomasio and stir again until you get a homogeneous caramel. Pour the gomasio caramel on the tart crust and smooth it. Put in the fridge for about 30 minutes, the caramel will get thicker.
- 4. Prepare the dark chocolate ganache: in a small pan, heat gently the liquid cream. Break the dark chocolate in pieces and put them in a bowl. Once warm, pour the cream on the chocolate chunks and stir until totally melt. Top the salted caramel layer with the dark chocolate ganache and smooth again.
- 5. Put the caramel & chocolate tart in the fridge for 1h at least. Take the tart from the fridge about 10 minutes before to serve it.
Where is the sesame? :P I think you unintentionally forgot it…
Oopsie, I wrote it down in the French version but forgot it in this one! Thank you for noticing, now it’s all good ;)