Here is an express cherry & rosemary jam recipe that you can make on the go: perfect in case of rush before to go to work. Right on time to start summer – which isn’t that sunny, here in Paris– , I only used a few ingredients for this recipe – including rosemary to enhance the taste -, which are all natural and make a jam without a lot of sugar. So don’t wait anymore and run to your kitchen for trying it!
Currently in a “rush” period, I apologize for the few posts I made those days. It’s not that easy to cook and publish new blog posts in addition to working, finalizing the last school projects and thesis, and starting to look for a job! But new recipes are coming very soon ;)
- 100g cherries
- 1tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- The "leaves" of one rosemary sprig
- 1. In a small pan over medium heat, add maple syrup, lemon juice and water. Stir the whole and let it heating.
- 2. When the mixture is warm, incorpore the washed, cut in 2 pieces, and stoned cherries. Press them slightly to extract their juice. Add the rosemary (if you don't like to feel rosemary pieces in your mouth, you can add the whole branch and removing it once the jam ready), then cover the pan and let cooking on a low heat from 5 to 10 minutes. The liquid has to become like a syrup and the cherries will soften.
- 3. Remove the pan lid and let cooking a few minutes more, while stiring the whole with a wood spoon. Serve tepid or cold. If you prepare it the evening before, film it an put it in the fridge for the night. This jam is perfect on bread with cream-cheese, or even clotted cream for the most gluttonous people!