Breakfast parfaits is such a nice name for a dessert. The funny thing is that the word « Parfait » is basically French, but can’t be used to refer that kind of recipe, for instance.
In France, a Parfait is actually a dessert made with heavy cream & egg yolks. Quite far from this recipe, right? But like I was writing in the French version of this recipe, « Parfait » makes it definitely more handy for a recipe title.
Choosing a name for my recipe is always a dilemma for me:
– EITHER there are too many yummy ingredients, and you need to decide which one you need to highlight
– OR when the recipe is made with all your favorite ingredients, then you have to deal with a recipe title as long as a bible
– OOOOR as you probably don’t spend your life eating just raclette – that’s one of my secret dreams though – or chocolate, you want to highlight the fact that your recipe is super healthy, sugar-free, gluten-free, or will make you poop glitters. Oh no wait, the title is already too long.
If it would only rely on me, I would probably call this recipe « Chia seeds & blueberries & chocolatey granola sugar-free parfaits ». But no. To be honest, the dilemma is pretty okay in english, the task is always getting harder when it comes for me to « think my recipes in French ».
Anyway, those breakfast parfaits are made with chia seeds & blueberry chia jam. In case if it’s too much chia for your delicate tastebuds, you can still replace a part of chia pudding by some creamy Greek yogurt. Or some coconut yogurt. Or some soy yogurt also.
I would be a liar if I say that the mix of chia pudding, chia jam & yogurt is interesting, texture speaking. But the interest of this recipe is nutritional above all, as those breakfast parfaits are also protein packed and perfect for a post-workout or post-running sweet treat. Chocolate granola brings an extra touch for the sweet tooth, as well as a nice crunchy texture. And as chocolate is your everything – after Raclette, indeed -, a few dark chocolate chunks (>85% to keep a low sugar rate) on the top will perfect this healthy snack.
- 3 tbsp Chia seeds
- 20cl vegetal or animal milk
- 1/3 tsp vanilla beans
- 250g blueberries
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla beans
- 1 drizzle lemon juice
- Sugar-free chocolate & amaranth granola (recipe on the blog)
- Vegetal yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 ou 1 dark chocolate square / serving
- 1. Prepare the blueberry chia jam: pour all ingredients in a blender bowl - after you let unfreeze blueberries, if they weren't fresh -. Blend the whole until homogeneous consistency. Pour in a bowl and let rest in fridge for about 2-3h minimum.
- 2. Prepare the chia pudding: pour chia seeds & vanille beans in a bowl. Add milk and stir well. Put in fridge and let rest at least 3h. You can stir it a few times.
- 3. Set the breakfast parfaits: pour a first layer of chia pudding, then some blueberry chia jam. Add a layer of yogurt, then a layer of chia again: either blueberry chia jam or chia pudding, as you want. Top with chocolate & amaranth granola. Shred one square of chocolate & sprinkle on the top. Repeat for each breakfast pudding.