(For one loaf)
Banana bread: 300gr flour, 2 eggs, 3 mashed ripe bananas, 100gr butter, 100gr brown sugar, 60gr smooth peanut butter, 2 handfuls of mixed nuts, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 pinch of salt.
Cream-cheese topping: 100gr Philadelphia, 25gr icing sugar, 1/3 lemon juice, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 50gr mixed nuts.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (350F) and grease a loaf mold with some butter.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking powder all together. In another bowl, beat the soft butter with the brown sugar. Add the eggs one by one. Then, add smashed ripe bananas, peanut butter and chopped nuts. Stir well.
3. Add this wet mixture to the dry one. Mix slightly, just to combine the mixtures.
4. Pour the dough into the loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour. You can put a knife into the middle of the bread, if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
5. Prepare the cream cheese topping: with a fork, mix the cream cheese with the icing sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract until the topping becomes homogeneous. With a spatula, spread it on the cold banana bread. Top with some chopped nuts. Put it in the fridge at least 30 minutes before to serve.